One of the best alternatives to the official WhatsApp
FM WhatsApp, the best WhatsApp MOD for many users
WhatsApp Messenger is the most widely used instant messaging application in the world. It has over 2 billion active users, but this does not mean that all of them like it or, at least, that they do not consider it could be improved. Therefore, there are MODs such as WhatsApp Plus or this FM WhatsApp APK, also known as Fouad WhatsApp, developed based on the official app to extend its functions. In addition, the FM WhatsApp Android app is free for anyone who wants to use it, despite its improvements in many aspects of the original, such as improvements in privacy and more flexibility in customization. Moreover, you can download FM WhatsApp easily thanks to sites such as Malavida.
What is FM WhatsApp and what is it for
There is no mystery about the concept and usefulness of FMWhatsApp: it is a modified version or MOD of the popular messaging application WhatsApp. It serves exactly the same purpose as WhatsApp Messenger's official version; in other words, it lets you send and receive messages to and from other users in one-to-one conversations or by participating in groups. The difference lies in the fact that it is an application that has been modified by external developers to add new features and improve the user experience.
Some of the additional features you get when you download FMWhatsApp are the customization of the graphical interface, the ability to hide the last time online, and the option to send large files.
How to download FM WhatsApp for free
You cannot download Fouad WhatsApp from Google Play Store. Therefore, you must use an external source, such as an app download website or an alternative app store. In this case, you have come to the right place because, at Malavida, you can download FM WhatsApp Android free. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Go to your device's settings and enable downloading apps from unknown sources.
- On the Malavida page of FMWhatsApp, tap on the green Download button.
- Once you have downloaded the file, either from the option provided by your browser, your device download folder, or a file manager, tap on FMWhatsApp APK and follow the installation steps.
How to have FM WhatsApp updated to the latest version
To have FMWhatsApp updated to the latest version, just follow these steps:
- Open FM WhatsApp on your device.
- Go to Menu > FMWhatsApp > Check for updates.
- If a new version is available, download and install it by following the on-screen instructions.
Another way is to go directly to Malavida, from where you can download FMWhatsApp free in its latest version to your device. Then, all you have to do is follow the same procedure as when installing the app for the first time so that it is completely updated (remember to make a backup copy of your conversations if you want to keep them).
Main features and functions of FM WhatsApp
FM WhatsApp Android app, just like other MODs, aims to improve the WhatsApp user experience by adding new features or improving those already available in the official app. These are the main ones it offers:
- Interface customization: offers a customized user interface with additional themes and customization options that can be adjusted to the user's taste. This includes the app colors, font and text size, among other options.
- Hiding the online status: enables you to hide your online status and/or the time you were last online while keeping track of others' online status.
- Sending large files: extends the size limits on files sent through the platform, such as photos or videos.
- Two accounts on the same phone: it is possible to use FMWhatsApp APK together with the official app or another MOD to use two different phone numbers.
- Bulk messaging: bulk messages can be sent to a group or to multiple contacts at the same time.
- Icons and notifications customization: application icons and notifications can be customized according to personal preferences.
- Anti-ban mode: includes an anti-ban mode that helps protect users' accounts from being banned for using a modified application (this feature may not always work properly).
- More privacy by hiding statuses and chats: users can hide their statuses and chats to maintain their privacy.
- Read deleted messages and statuses: even if the user who sent or posted them deletes them, they can still be read.
- The double-blue check only appears once the message has been replied to: the sender of a message will not see the double-blue mark that indicates that the recipient has read it until it has been answered.
- Call blocking: incoming calls from selected users can be blocked.
- App lock: offers the possibility of blocking access by fingerprint, PIN code, or gesture pattern, as well as adding a security question, to protect privacy.
- Interface theme store: you can download several themes to apply a predefined aesthetic style and even design your own.
- Automatic reply: it is possible to set up automatic replies to messages.
- Do not disturb mode: it has a DND mode to silence incoming calls and messages from all contacts while being able to make lists with exceptions.
Comparison of FM WhatsApp, WhatsApp Plus, and GBWhatsApp: differences and similarities
These are three of the best WhatsApp MODs. WhatsApp Plus, FMWhatsApp, and GBWhatsApp are similar in several common aspects and features. Let's say they share almost everything and differ in anecdotal aspects.
FMWhatsApp vs WhatsApp Plus
There are several similarities and differences between the two MODs FMWhatsApp and WhatsApp Plus, although they are very similar. However, some features can be highlighted, for example, in terms of similarities, where we find an almost identical user interface, online repositories of skins that we can download, interface customization settings, the possibility of using two accounts on the same phone, a development that starts from the same base (the official WhatsApp app), greater control over privacy and security, or the sending of multimedia files in their original size. In fact, there is not a big difference between the two MODs, except for some minor aesthetic details.
FM WhatsApp vs GB WhatsApp
When comparing FMWhatsApp and GBWhatsApp to determine similarities and differences, we find an identical case to that of comparing FM WhatsApp APK and WhatsApp Plus. In other words, there are virtually no differences. We will find that we can use two WhatsApp accounts on the same device, have greater control of our privacy from other contacts, make aesthetic changes that we can implement in detail or by downloading themes from the online repository, and more. The differences between the two are, also in this case, minimal and are reduced to some aesthetic details.
Advantages and disadvantages of using FMWhatsApp
Using FM WhatsApp Android app, as opposed to WhatsApp Messenger, has several pros and cons, so it is advisable to consider all of them before deciding whether to use the official app or resort to this MOD.
- Customization: If you are bored with WhatsApp Messenger and its user interface (very minimalist in style and rarely changed throughout its history), you will find in the official FMWhatsApp Android app the perfect alternative: you can change icons, interface colors, text fonts or size, download new themes or create your own, and more. In other words, you will have a wide range of possibilities in terms of appearance.
- Privacy: more privacy with respect to other users since it is possible to hide connection statuses, freeze the last connection time, or not show the double blue check when reading a message.
- Using two accounts on the same device: this is something that the official app does not support, unless you choose to download WhatsApp Business to trick it.
- Communications security: end-to-end encryption is lost as encryption protocols are deactivated. Therefore, we cannot be sure that a third party is not intercepting our communications and can read all our conversations.
- Bans: WhatsApp periodically scans for unauthorized apps. In principle, the MODs have anti-banning functions, but these are always based on the base version of WhatsApp. The official app may have been updated without giving FMWhatsApp antiban time to do so and, then, detect those users who use it to ban them.
- Updates: it is a fact that MODs are always at least one step behind official WhatsApp in terms of updates. And these may be due to the need to fix a critical security issue, so as long as you do not update FM WhatsApp, you would be exposed to this threat.
Is it safe to use FM WhatsApp?
There is no doubt that since it is not an official development linked to Meta, we can harbor doubts about the security of FMWhatsApp Android app. In addition to the remote possibility of being infected by some kind of malware or malicious code (this can happen with software that is exposed to fewer quality controls than the official ones), the user will always have the possibility of being banned from the platform. There have been numerous reports of temporary system bans due to the use of unauthorized software. In most cases, this penalty is issued as a warning, and the sanction does not exceed a few hours. However, in cases of repeat offenses, the time can be extended and even lead to definitive expulsion from the platform. It should also not be forgotten that the developers of these modified apps are not affiliated with WhatsApp and are, therefore, not regulated by the same privacy and security policy.
What's new in FM WhatsApp 2023
Among the latest features of the most recent version of FM WhatsApp APK, we find the following:
- It is updated over the base version 22.214.171.124 of WhatsApp.
- It is supported to copy the subtitles of videos with subtitles to the clipboard.
- Option to save a media file in the gallery when viewing is disabled.
- The contacts user interface has been redesigned.
- You can know immediately when a contact sees a status you posted.
- The total message count is displayed.
- Bulk sending of messages with images or videos is allowed.
- Anti View Once allows unlimited viewing of a video or image configured to be shown only once.
- Stories are added in a similar way to Instagram.
- Errors are corrected.
With a degree in History, and later, in Documentation, I have over a decade of experience testing and writing about apps: reviews, guides, articles, news, tricks, and more. They have been countless, especially on Android, an operating system...